The Doctoral Program on Sustainable Chemistry (PDQS) was implemented to cover all research & development activities of PhD students in the Associated Laboratory (AL) of REQUIMTE, to consolidate and promote a common profile for their general abilities and to contribute for a deeper integration of the different research lines under development. Students approved in this program will get a joint degree from the Universities of Porto (U.P.) and Nova de Lisboa (U.N.L.). Students’ learning in PDQS of REQUIMTE is mainly achieved through research thus conferring to the Dissertation a central role. Students applying for PDQS can expect to be involved in frontier research in chemistry associated with human, social and economic sustainable development.
The PDQS is structured to:
- keep and reinforce the research project initially defined in the application to REQUIMTE or to FCT for funding;
- make students aware of the importance of R&D in Chemistry in human development and as a base for entrepreneurship;
- make students fully aware of the modern trends in Sustainable Chemistry;
- promote connections between students and help them to achieve expertise in general issues of scientific research and science diffusion;
- get their contribution to the transversal consolidation and integration of research lines inside the AL;
- acquire the set of the capabilities defined for 3rd cycles (or PhD diplomas), noteworthy the abilities to share and communicate scientific knowledge, take part in interdisciplinary R&D teams, elaborate autonomous research projects, exploit economically results of research activities.