Bruno Miguel Reis da Fonseca
- BMFonseca; GCorreia-da-Silva; NATeixeira. 2018. Cannabinoid-induced cell death in endometrial cancer cells: involvement of TRPV1 receptors in apoptosis. JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY, DOI: 10.1007/s13105-018-0611-7
- Sa, SI; Fonseca, BM. 2017. Dynamics of progesterone and estrogen receptor alpha in the ventromedial hypothalamus. JOURNAL OF ENDOCRINOLOGY, 233, DOI: 10.1530/JOE-16-0663
- Fonseca, BM; Teixeira, NA; Correia-da-Silva, G. 2017. Cannabinoids as Modulators of Cell Death: Clinical Applications and Future Directions. Reviews of Physiology Biochemistry and Pharmacology, 173, DOI: 10.1007/112_2017_3
- Almada, M; Amaral, C; Diniz-Da-Costa, M; Correia-Da-Silva, G; Teixeira, NA; Fonseca, BM. 2016. The endocannabinoid anandamide impairs in vitro decidualization of human cells. REPRODUCTION, 152, DOI: 10.1530/REP-16-0364
- Fonseca, SM; Correia-da-Silva, G; Teixeira, NA. 2015. Anandamide restricts uterine stromal differentiation and is critical for complete decidualization. MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR ENDOCRINOLOGY, 411, DOI: 10.1016/j.mce.2015.04.024
- Fonseca, BM; Correia-da-Silva, G; Taylor, AH; Lam, PMW; Marczylo, TH; Konje, JC; Bell, SC; Teixeira, NA. 2010. N-acylethanolamine levels and expression of their metabolizing enzymes during pregnancy. ENDOCRINOLOGY, 151(8), DOI: 10.1210/en.2009-1424
Main research interests
- My main research interests include new signalling pathway(s) and molecular candidate(s) regulating uterine preparation for pregnancy, with particular focus on emerging lipid mediators, such as endocannabinoids and lipoxins.
- In addition to infertility, I also have broad general research interests in the use of cannabinoids as therapy for cancer and inflammation.
- An additional interest is in characterising the effects of novel emerging psychoactive substances such as synthetic cannabinoids and their impact in reproduction.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto (2010)
- Graduation in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculdade de Farmácia da Universidade do Porto (2006)