- Freitas, AR; Dilek, AR; Peixe, L; Novais, C. 2018. Dissemination of Staphylococcus epidermidis ST22 With Stable, High-Level Resistance to Linezolid and Tedizolid in the Greek-Turkish Region (2008-2016). INFECTION CONTROL AND HOSPITAL EPIDEMIOLOGY, 39, DOI: 10.1017/ice.2018.5
- Freitas, AR; Tedim, AP; Novais, C; Coque, TM; Peixe, L. 2018. Distribution of putative virulence markers in Enterococcus faecium: towards a safety profile review. JOURNAL OF ANTIMICROBIAL CHEMOTHERAPY, 73, DOI: 10.1093/jac/dkx387
- Freitas, AR; Novais, C; Duarte, B; Pereira, AP; Coque, TM; Peixe, L. 2018. High rates of colonisation by ampicillin-resistant enterococci in residents of long-term care facilities in Porto, Portugal. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ANTIMICROBIAL AGENTS, 51, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2017.11.007
- Novais, C; Campos, J; Freitas, AR; Barros, M; Silveira, E; Coque, TM; Antunes, P; Peixe, L. 2018. Water supply and feed as sources of antimicrobial-resistant Enterococcus spp. in aquacultures of rainbow trout (Oncorhyncus mykiss), Portugal. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 625, DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.12.265
Main research interests
- To understand the epidemiology and evolution of antibiotic resistance in different environments;
- To understand the role of community reservoirs (animal, environment, food chain) in the selection and dissemination of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria/genes of clinical interest.
- To understand the role of non-antibiotic compounds (e.g. disinfectants, metals) in the dynamics of antibiotic resistance, namely selection of particular successful clones and epidemic genetic elements (plasmids and integrative chromosomal elements).
- To understand if successful genetic elements involved in horizontal transfer of genes coding for antibiotic resistance and biocide tolerance carry other adaptive features promoting the host colonization, using a detailed genetic characterization.
- PhD in Microbiology, Pharmacy Faculty (2005)
- Graduation in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy Faculty. Porto University (2000)