- Mourao, J; Rebelo, A; Ribeiro, S; Peixe, L; Novais, C; Antunes, P. 2020. Tolerance to arsenic contaminant among multidrug-resistant and copper-tolerant Salmonella successful clones is associated with diverse ars operons and genetic contexts. ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY, DOI: 10.1111/1462-2920.15016
- Antunes, P; Novais, C; Peixe, L. 2020. Food-to-Humans Bacterial Transmission. MICROBIOLOGY SPECTRUM, 8(1), DOI: 10.1128/microbiolspec.mtbp-0019-2016
- Duarte, B; Pereira, AP; Freitas, AR; Coque, TM; Hammerum, AM; Hasman, H; Antunes, P; Peixe, L; Novais, C. 2019. 2CS-CHX<sup>T</sup> Operon Signature of Chlorhexidine Tolerance among Enterococcus faecium Isolates. APPLIED AND ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY, 85(23), DOI: 10.1128/aem.01589-19
- Joana Campos; Joana Mourão; Luísa Peixe; Patrícia Antunes. 2019. Non-typhoidal Salmonella in the Pig Production Chain: A Comprehensive Analysis of Its Impact on Human Health. Gut Pathogens, 8(1), DOI: 10.3390/pathogens8010019
- Novais, C; Campos, J; Freitas, AR; Barros, M; Silveira, E; Coque, TM; Antunes, P; Peixe, L. 2018. Water supply and feed as sources of antimicrobial-resistant Enterococcus spp. in aquacultures of rainbow trout (Oncorhyncus mykiss), Portugal. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 625, DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2017.12.265
Main research interests
- Food Microbiology; Food Safety; Public Heath; Molecular Epidemiology.
- Epidemiological and molecular studies of non-typhoid Salmonella and other foodborne pathogens from different ecological niches (human, food products, animal and environmental).
- Understand the main factors influencing the emergence and persistence of particular clones and genetic elements associated with horizontal transmission of antibiotic and biocide resistance
- Characterization of genes and mobile genetic elements involved in resistance to antibiotics and other molecules with antimicrobial activity and/or virulence
- Understand the role of community ecological niches in the selection and spread of bacteria and / or genes with human clinical interest
- New methods for detection, identification and typing of foodborne pathogens
- PhD in Microbiology, Porto University - Pharmacy Faculty (2007)
- MSc in Microbiology, Porto University - Pharmacy Faculty (2001)
- Graduation in Nutrition, University of Porto - Faculty of Food Sciences and Nutrition (1997)