Pedro M. Costa
Research Lab Leader
- Rodrigo, AP; Costa, PM. 2019. The hidden biotechnological potential of marine invertebrates: The Polychaeta case study. ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH, 173, DOI: 10.1016/j.envres.2019.03.048
- Cuevas, N; Martins, M; Rodrigo, AP; Martins, C; Costa, PM. 2018. Explorations on the ecological role of toxin secretion and delivery in jawless predatory Polychaeta. Scientific Reports, In press(8), DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-26031-1
- Cuevas, N; Martins, M; Costa, PM. 2018. Risk assessment of pesticides in estuaries: A review addressing the persistence of an old problem in complex environments. ECOTOXICOLOGY, In press, DOI: 10.1007/s10646-018-1910-z
Main research interests
- My current research interests are Environmental Toxicology and Marine Biotechnology. I am particularly interested in animal-produced toxins and on pollutant-induced neoplasia. Histology, histopathology and related are major technical expertise.
- PhD in Environmental Science, FCT-NOVA (2011)